Old February 28th 05, 02:04 AM
CNYstitcher

Sheesh, Tom! Listing all those restaurants, I may just make a trip to
crash at your place and eat!!

LOL

Larisa

wrote:
Cynthia, don't feel envious, start a local group yourself. You never
know who you'll meet.

If this group works out well in the Boston area, I plan to create a
web-based system to organize local sewing clubs, and seek out
volunteers to run at least one club in each US state to get started.
I'm also already working on web pages about ways to help out charities
by sewing, quilting, and knitting, and I'm going to include either
downloadable patterns or web-based instructions on how to draw your own
pattern. (The duffel bag for foster children, for example, will be made
of two circles and two or three rectangles. With a compass and a ruler,
anyone can draw the pattern.)

Incidentally, on the subject of food... within walking distance of my
home are two excellent Indian restaurants and one okay one, two
excellent Tibetan restaurants, a quite good sushi place, a crepe shop,
five Chinese restaurants (two of which are quite good, the other three
are passable), countless places that serve pasta, pizza, and various
Italian sandwiches (ranging in quality from merely edible to
marvelous), two pastry shops, a Mexican restaurant and a French
restaurant that I hear are good but haven't tried yet, a very good ice
cream parlor, a roast beef sandwich shop, an Irish pub that serves
marvelous stews and other comfort food, a chocolatier, and one of the
only two remaining places on Earth that serve the royal cuisine of
Cambodia (the other is two or three miles away). And that's just in my
neighborhood, and doesn't even count the fact that three of my upstairs
neighbors are gourmet cooks. The Boston area is extraordinarily lucky
about food too.