Old September 17th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie[_4_]

Default Alexandra Zonis - Bead Artist - Loom?

Thank you!
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valerie-moore.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com
http://valeriesews.blogspot.com

Shirley Shone wrote:
You can get them from
http://www.lacis.com
The plain wooden ones are quite cheap and you will have to put beads on
them to weight them down.
Shirley

In message , Valerie
writes
Shirley, I have been meaning to ask you about bobbin lace. Where on
earth can i find the bobbins?!?! I got this great book on all kinds of
needlework, and bobbin lace was in there and I have fallen in love.
But all the fabric/craft store near me don't have any of the bobbins.
Mind giving me a hint as to where to get them?

I do have a knitting/crocheting/yarn store near me (although gosh is
it expensive) and they may have it. I haven't thought to ask until
just now. I think I can make the pillow thingie, but those bobbins are
just too small to make I think.

Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valerie-moore.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com
http://valeriesews.blogspot.com

Shirley Shone wrote:
I hankered after a mirrix loom a few years ago. I shown it to my DH
who thought it over priced. He got me a large wooden one from
somewhere in Cornwall I believe.
I have got a Lowery needle work frame. It was a leaving gift from
the girls in the library when I retired. Dh made me a table to clamp
in it, with a well inside to hold my beads when I did beadwork or to
hold my bobbin lace pillow. I have a bead desk now.
Shirley
In message , Rachel Grier
writes
I emailed the artist and received a nice reply. The loom she uses is a
Mirrix loom - the Rolls Royce of looms. I want one so much (a big
one) but
not until I
get a Lowery frame for my needlework!

Rachel

"Rachel Grier" wrote in message
I came across this website -
http://www.mostlyglass.com/Artists/Z...s_mainpage.htm showing
beaded
carpets. It is mindblowing. So many beads and so much work has
gone into
these carpets. The kilim saddle bag is especially lovely.

What I would like to know is does anyone recognise the loom she
uses. It
is this one -
http://www.mostlyglass.com/Artists/Z...ad_weaving.htm It
looks
incredibly professional. I'm going to stick to my little wooden
one :-)
but I have never seen anything like it. I only know of the Mirrix
that
comes that big.

Does anyone recognise the loom?

TIA