Old August 22nd 03, 11:49 PM
jtrivette

Thanks for all the replies. I'll contact each of them and get the pricing
on the glass and chemicals. Still have my tools.

John

"Gloria" wrote in message
om...
nJb wrote in message

I live in CO and started dealing with a wholesaler early last year
when I moved my business from part time to full time. The local
stained glass stores were nice enough to share the name and phone
number of the wholesaler suppliers in the area. I have been dealing
with Artisan's 1-800-525-9008 (CO, US, Canada) or local 303-777-5177.
Be nice to them and they will be nice back. I've been told by others
(over a year ago) that there have been a few issues with personalities
(and their staff appears to roll-over every year or so.) I like
working with Artisan's.

D&L in Boulder, CO is the second local supplier. I have heard they
are very nice to deal with. Their criteria for opening an account is
more strict than Artisan's and requires a greater initial purchase.
The details are on their web site. I hope to open an account with
them in the near future as they stock a few items that Artisan's
doesn't (ie. colored jewels).
http://www.dlstainedglass.com/

Both require/offer:
- a substantial initial purchase (Artisan's is $750)
- purchase in full sheets only
- discounted pricing for large quantity purchases
- minimum annual purchases to maintain your account as active
(note: Artisan's keeps your account active as long as you make
regular
purchases. I am in there at least every 2 months or so)

I have found the prices to be much lower, so the full sheet price vs.
the retail store price makes the extra usually worth it, unless I need
a very small amount. You might also ask about business discounts at
your local retail store. I know of one in the Denver metro area that
discounts glass only (no tools), but the wholesale price is still much
cheaper.

You will probably also need a sales tax license, also known as a
resale license. If you sale only to other businesses, ie. galleries,
then you might be able to avoid this, but Artisan's did want the sales
tax license. In CO you can indicate that you are a wholesaler so the
filings for sales tax are only annual.

Good luck,
GK