Old March 1st 04, 03:55 AM
Cathy Weeks

(Chuck) wrote in message ...
On 27 Feb 2004 06:37:02 -0800,
(Cathy Weeks)
wrote:

I've looked at some of the miter saws and boxes, and plan to get one
next month. I looked at examples of finished dollhouses with moulding,
and KNEW I couldn't do that without some sort of tool like that.

There is a tool made for cutting miters that is even easier to use, if
you plan on doing enough of it to make it worth the $$. It is
basically a pair of heavy duty, very sharp scissors with a miter gauge
on it. It's called a "miter master," and is available at Micro Mark,
located at
http://www.micromark.com It's $19.95, but they generally
have a summer sale catalog that comes out in May and runs for about 3
months with some pretty good deals in it. They've got a couple other
miter-cutting aids, but heck, even their 8" compound miter saw
(electric) is only $70.

I'm getting the Dobson Miter-rite from them - $30. My husband and I
were drooling over the power tool they had for that (around $150) but
we both felt that it was best to wait and see if I stay interested in
building before investing in power tools.

Cathy