Old April 8th 04, 09:57 PM
biig

Default OT but important. Programs for free medications (US)

Also, in Canada for low income people or people with high cost
medications, there is the Trillium program. It goes according to income
and there is a deductible which is calculated to income. Very helpful
to those of us on a pension, but not eligible for the senior citizen
plan yet. .....If you have any questions, your druggist will have the
forms to fill out. Sharon in SW Ontario Canada

Kathy N-V wrote:

All the major pharmaceuitcal companies have programs in place for people
without drug coverage. The programs have differing requirements, and every
company seems to have a different set of criteria. However, the hardest part
has been finding the stupid things, since it's not like this stuff is
advertised heavily.

In order to stave off legislation, the Pharmaceutical lobby here in the US
has put together one web page with all the different programs, so it's quite
a bit easier to apply for what you need.

http://www.helpingpatients.org

I have no connection with these companies, except as an extremely frequent
consumer, and if there is some way the folks here can get a benefit from the
thousands I pay each in med costs, go for it.

Your intrepid reporter,

Kathy N-V