Old September 8th 04, 03:25 AM
Kristen

I have an afghan I made with Homespun (one without fringe) and I noticed
when I was making that how the color changes, but that worked for what I was
making (a very light weight, but surprisingly warm, afghan). I can't see
the color change in the scarf I started last winter (Sandstone color), but
the afghan I made is a teal/blue color that has parts that are a darker blue
almost purple in the yarn. Homespun is a very interesting yarn...just not
good for fringe unless you do want a knot in every end!

~Kristen

"Kira Dirlik" !! wrote in message
I made a vest of Homespun. I notice that some of the colors are
evenly mottled, but mine (Sierra) came out in stripes of varying
widths, and even the colors differed, though they all said they were
the same dyelot. And of course, the back, which was wide, had
narrower stripes than the two fronts. All in all, I ripped that
sucker out THREE times before it came out to my liking. And I found
that you immediately needed to put a knot into any cut end, or it
would completely unravel into a fluffy glob. But I just love its
soft cuddliness.
Kira