Old September 8th 04, 12:51 AM
Kristen

LOL, when I posted, it was just after midnite on my time!

~Kristen

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Ohh Kirsten you are Up and about !!
here it is 07.42
have you thought of knitting a separate Collar .....you know i think
it is called a Dicky ....
mirjam
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 00:35:22 -0400, "Kristen"
wrote:

I think I have plenty of scarves that if I wanted something to go around

my
neck, I could find something easily! I think, though, because of the
openness of this pattern, this poncho will definitely be a fall garment.
Weather here never seems to be in between; it will be nice and

comfortable
one week and super chilly the next!

~Kristen

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Kristen???
have you comsidered adding a collar ,,, or a kind of small shawl colar
one could wrap around the neck in the colder days ??
mirjam

Definitely more fashion than practical! The one good thing about the
pattern I made is that the band around the top is tightly crocheted,

so
it
does give some warmth to your shoulders--just perfect for a nice fall

day,
or when you're stuck in a building with too cool of a temperature!

Beads would be an interesting addition! I've never done beaded

crochet,
but
I can imagine that it would take what seems like forever to string all

the
beads on before starting!

~Kristen

"Angela" wrote in message
Thanks so much! I had a great time looking through the links, and

the
links
from the links, and so on *laugh*. So that's what the fashion

ponchos
look
like - more decorative and fishnet-like than practical!

Just had an idea - I think putting in tiny shiny beads would make

the
poncho
"shimmer" and look even more glamourous. Hmm! Time for me to learn

how
add beads to my stitches.

Hugs,
Angela