Old November 14th 11, 07:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Default The thing I hate the most about quilting is .......

I'm almost with you Claudia, except that I am beginning to like
quilting! But: basting, no. So, I thought, get someone to do it for me?
There is a professional quilter in my area who advertises that she is
quite willing to baste only, for quite a good price. Right, I thought.
Wrong! When I got it back, it was beautifully done. However, there was
one 'small' fact I had 'forgotten'. Having been done on a machine, the
stitches were machine stitches - therefore locked. They weren't (of
course) the running stitch equivalent of hand basting which can just be
pulled through, to unpick. OK the stitches are about an inch long; but
the thought of unpicking, after the quilting has kept me from quilting
this pretty little quilt for two year (it is quite large). I will do
it, but it is going to be a much larger task than I had meant it to be.
(I don't like her batting either, but that might be cured by washing).
Ho hum - shouldn't have been lazy I guess g
..
In message
,
Claudia writes
Phew! Finally someone said basting, so now I don't have to feel like a
heretic for saying quilting! I love the piecing and creating tops, but
the basting and quilting parts really get to me...

Claudia

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green