Old March 11th 09, 11:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Sue Roessel Dura

Default Teaching 5th graders

Hi Folks,

I don't check this list very often and am sorry to see it's pretty much trashed.
Where is everyone else getting advice?

My question right now is that I have a gig at a local private school that is
part of its fundraiser. Apparently, they get artists in to create a project
with their students so that the result will raise money at auction. My idea is
to make a punch bowl that will be rather nice, have the kids make cups to go
with it using yogurt containers as molds (did you know that 8oz containers are
now passe???). Then we will use hands in the glazes to put hand prints on these
pieces. I've gotten making the cups down to 6 steps and the glaze part to 2
steps. Has anyone tried anything like this???

Please let me know if I am crazy to try a project like this with 5th graders!!!

Best to all, Sue