Old December 22nd 03, 03:20 PM
Musicmaker

I agree with Sandy and Diana - and I know that you can pull it off
fabulously. The quilt is perfect.

--
Cindy Bettinger

http://photos.yahoo.com/cbet_99
http://www.one-eleven.net/~music/
http://simplymusic.net
"M. Wetmore" wrote in message
Woohoo...I finally got the borders on my black and white quilt. The
red absolutely makes the quilt. I didn't have enough of the red
fabric I used in the quilt and couldn't find the correct red color, so
I dyed a yard of fabric.

I think I may be able to finish it by Xmas. It will be a present for
my daughter. She's taking the bar exam again in February (she missed
passing the first time by 1.5 points!). I think the quilt will be a
real pick-me-up for her. She doesn't know I'm giving it to her. She
saw it when it was half done and she loved it.

I think it's going to be really beautiful when I am done. I plan on
using a varigated red or a solid red to stipple in the borders, or
curves and stars. I'm not sure I will do any quilting in the red
border since it is only 1 1/2". Then I'm stumped on how to quilt the
squares beyond stitch in the ditch around the blocks. Should I
stipple or curves with stars with a varigated red thread? Should I
maybe do an X through each block? Any quilting ideas will be greatly
appreciated.

http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/b&w.jpg

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot

com.

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat