Old December 20th 03, 11:45 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
M. Wetmore wrote:

Woohoo...I finally got the borders on my black and white quilt. The
red absolutely makes the quilt. I didn't have enough of the red
fabric I used in the quilt and couldn't find the correct red color, so
I dyed a yard of fabric.

And it's gorgeous, Mardi!
snip

Then I'm stumped on how to quilt the
squares beyond stitch in the ditch around the blocks. Should I
stipple or curves with stars with a varigated red thread? Should I
maybe do an X through each block? Any quilting ideas will be greatly
appreciated.

http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/b&w.jpg

I like the curves/stars in variegated thread idea. That, or possibly
a large zigzag in each block going the same direction as that block, if
you can picture what I mean. G But I think that would be great in that
same thread. Good luck!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net