Old April 13th 14, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default How Can You Tell An Antique from A Copy?

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 4:01:20 PM UTC-6, Monica Ferris wrote:
If someone brought to you a dirty, stained piece of linen in a broken frame and you saw it was a sampler dated 1882, how could you tell it was actually a copy? I'm thinking it was stitched on uneven-count linen with silk floss. This is to be a minor plot point in the mystery novel I'm writing. Maybe not even a plot point, just an interesting incident. Thanks!