Old August 5th 03, 04:40 PM
Liz Hampton

I would think that it is only to be used as a GUIDE. Obviously, people
stitch differently, but it is always nice in a chart - especially large
projects - when it recommends two skeins instead of one. It isn't so much
the .02 cents of floss, as whether we should buy that extra skein. Yes,
floss is reasonably cheap, if you are using regular floss. Some are more
expensive, though, and it would be nice to know ahead of time how much it is
going to cost us to kit something up. Right now, it would be difficult for
me to spend .33 to replace a skein of DMC. If you're not interested in
finding something out, as certain people are always telling us, don't reply
to the thread! Read other things or turn the computer off and stitch. :-)))
Liz from Humbug

I agree. And I really donīt see the point in trying to save the 0.02
cents worth of floss.

Jacinta

animaux wrote:
Right. I certainly don't get all in a dither if every stitch can be counted.
don't stitch to the point where I have to manipulate the needle to bring the
thread through. I stop usually just short of about 2 or 3 inches.
Otherwise,
IMO, the stitches used with the end of the strand thin out and don't lay
uniform
with the other more plump part of the strand.