Old August 2nd 03, 02:19 PM
Ellice

On 8/1/03 9:20 PM,"Mary" posted:

Hi Group: I am looking to find out the easiest way to determine how
much thread a project takes to make. I can't really tell by looking at
my skein of yarn because sometimes its not always a new skein I've

If you're using yarn, there is a pretty standard coverage rate. This link
will give you informaton. Basically, you look at the area covered (sq
inches), and how many strands it was stitched with - and can convert that
into yards of yarn.

In an LNS that carries NP and yarn by the hank, where the shop pulls strands
for you, they will have a reference. It's what you have to do to help
customers get the right amount.

Anyhow, here is a link to a site with a good chart and information on usage,
coverage:
http://spinayarn.com/needlepoint%20tips.htm

ellice