Old August 2nd 03, 03:17 AM
L. Kelly

"Mary" wrote in message
om...
| Hi Group: I am looking to find out the easiest way to determine how
| much thread a project takes to make. I can't really tell by looking at
| my skein of yarn because sometimes its not always a new skein I've
| used off of. Oh and a special note to Caryn in your response to my
| post about animal slippers on July 29. The post was not meant to be a
| "blatant" advertisement, I was just excited about getting the new line
| finished and wanted people to see it. Sorry if I offended you, it
| wasn't posted to offend.( Mary

Hi Mary,

A trick that I used to use when I did a lot of crochet work was to attach a clothespin to
the yarn in either 5 or 10 yard lengths, depending on the size of the project. (5 yds for
thread to make doilies and 10 yd for yarn and larger projects.) Then you just keep track
of how many times you move the clothespin.
--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*