Old April 10th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens

Default Trying to finish up....

DH always says that our van is several inches lower on the trip north!
Couldn't be from all the fabric, could it?
We always take our time traveling home. Its great to see the progression of
spring flowers on the way north. Then, there is a point in Pennsylvania,
where you cross a ridge and it is still almost winter-like on the other
side - no leaves, and grass just starting to turn green.
Our community is becoming empty quite early this year, as many have returned
to spend Easter with their families.

--
Susan
packing for the trip north
"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Thanks for the update, Susan.
I was thinking about you yesterday, watching traffic on I-35W
in Ft.Worth, all the motor homes (obvious sign; not all W.Tx. have motor
homes, of course) headed north as the Winter Texans head home for the
summer
(wonder why they avoid summer in Tx.??? snicker).
Good luck on your trip north; I believe there's always room for one more
piece of fabric (have tested this theory several times; mailed home more
than one pkg g). Travel safely.
Cheers!

R/Sandy - Finishing is one of my favorite quilty words

On 4/9/09 9:44 AM, in article , "Susan
Torrens" wrote:

We head north in less than a week. I've been trying to finish several
projects that became stalled while I was busy with my quilting group. I
managed to get 2 quilts quilted before I had to dismantle my sewing room.
(DH stores all the buildings etc. for the garden railway there, over the
summer).
I'm now sewing at the DR table, so the house looks like a disaster area!
Just a few more stitches, then the serious packing and cleaning begins!
I made the mistake of digging out all the fabric I have purchased over
the
winter, so I could see how to pack it for the trip. It doesn't seem like
much fabric until it is all placed together!

--
Susan
in Zephyrhills FL for the winter