Old October 28th 16, 07:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

Default Has anyone ever MacGyvered way to have regular sewing machinehold thread cone?

On Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 9:40:42 PM UTC-5, Craftsy wrote:
A couple of years ago or so, I saw a sale for cones of thread at a
very good price so I bought a couple. I've since never been able to
figure out how to use them on my regular sewing machine. When I went
around Xmas to fabric store, they told me that those were for sergers
and that I couldn't use them in any way on a regular sewing machine.

Has anyone figured out anything that works?

I've always purchased 3000-yard thread cones and use them on my regular sewing machine with the vertical spool holder. I just slip a straw over it and then slip a chopstick inside the straw. Voila - longer holder to fit my large thread cones!