Old June 17th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aaron Lewis

Default More on centerpull balls

The Cottage Craft Yarns that I like, come in tied skeins that must be
balled before they tangle! The last time I was knitting in the backroom at
Big Sky Yarns, the clerk must have some in 3 or 4 times (over 3 hours) to
wind different yarns that customers had bought as skeins and wanted wound
into balls. So I would say that there is still some traffic in commercial
yarns sold in loose skeins.

I like skeins for some yarns because they can be washed and dyed.

Aaron

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"suzee" wrote in message
reenews.net...

It wasn't new, though it was ununsed.

Do you mean it was still factory wound?

No they were outside wound balls so I presume someone had bought it in
hanks and rewound themselves. The yarn hadn't been knit with, no labels.

I don't think I've seen commercial yarn in hanks for years! Only home spun
yarn.

Mary

sue