Old January 4th 05, 03:58 AM
Christina In Ok

Hello,

My real name is Christina, and You guess it, I live in Oklahoma, small
town of 400. without a stop light. !!! I am a mother of two, a boy who
will turn 13 on the 16th of this month, and a girl who will be 18 in
March, I also have two adopted 4-legged children.. Mystic who is now
almost 8 years old and our newest addition Saide, who is going to turn
1 year on the 15th of this month.
I have been married, since I was 18, we have really had a our ups and downs.
I also own a web site & a forum and it has to do with my 2nd love,
Gardening. I gave the forum over to someone else, as I had too much on
my plate, but I still do all the graphics

We also kinda run a small hobbies out of our home, working on Computers
it is only by word of mouth. (sometimes Dh may have 10 at the house some
months, or some months we don't have any.

I have been draw to crafts very since I was a small child. making
Crochet chains when I was a small child, to sewing clothes when I was a
young teen, then clothes off in on throughout the years, I have been
crocheting for many years, and have made so many Afghans (all where
given away) but my love to make a quilt started oh, about in the early 90s.
I saw a show on TV about cutting up and using your child baby clothes to
make into a quilts. Of coarse I had to try it.
And I sure did not know what I was doing, but I got busy, and made a big
mess.. cutting all shapes and sizes. until it was a big sewed together
sheet looking thing. I kept this for many years. until I threw it away.

It was a few more years and a few more Afghans later that It dawn on me,
that Maybe I could learn how to Quilt online.. so I typed up a search,
and finding many Quilting Groups, and many online pages on how to quilt.
But the more I learned, the more confused I became, So many questions,a
nd no answers..

So I turned to a few Web page groups, asked a few questions, without
answers..
It wasn't until I think in 02, that I found this newsgroup.. Joined up..
and found wonderful, good hearted people, that where willing to teach me
and answer my questions (no matter how funny they where) with love and
caring.

Back in 1992 I receive my very first Sewing machine, (a Kenmore, which
is what I still sew on today and we paid close to 300.00 for it, which I
thought was out of this world for a sewing machine,, and still do. LOL)
I found a lovely sewing machine cabinet for it a few years back, (used
very hard.. but only for 50.00) which I just love. Which sure has made
Quilting a lot better!!
I machine piece and Machine Quilt, but would love to learn how to hand
Quilt.

To date: I have finish up 7 quilts. I have one that is finished and
ready to pin and Quilt. I also have an 04 mystery quilt to work up and
the 05 that just came out.
I was hoping to finish up at least two before the new year started, but
finishing up an Afghan (whom someone here was kind enough send me) some
pretty yarn a year back to give to my Grandmother. has taken first
place. I have been really itching to get back to quilting now. But I
know how I am, If I start on Quilting the Afghan will never get done. LOL
I am sure I can do all the Quilting I would like to see done..

The Quilting could not have been done without this group, Not only does
RCTQ help you quilt, but it provides you a place to become yourself, the
good and the bad, the highs in life and the lows in life.
and it goes to show you, just how we are all stitched together in the
web of life.