Old February 10th 05, 02:24 AM
Maria

I HAVE, however, seen many many coatings, some quite like this, on the various types of imitation pearls
in glass, plastic...many of the imitations also employ means to make the sizes, shapes, and even
colors, somewhat variable orr "off", so this doesn't increase the chances that these are real...

I bought the pearls in South East Asia...I don't know whether it makes
sense i.t.o. costs, for one to go through such lengths (don't know if
it's easy) of making imitation pearls look real over there. At the
same time, the plastic-like coating would make it appear like they
would go through such lengths! Anyhow, at the moment, I'm not sure
what to make of them...low-grade pearls that have been tinkered around
with or simply a bad job of making perfect imitation pearls!
Nevertheless, they are a rather lovely colour!