Old May 10th 18, 12:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Al Navas

Default Mega quilter problems

On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 7:55:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I recently purchased a used, but almost new, Viking mega quilter. It is skipping stitches and the thread keeps breaking. I have adjusted both tensions, and re-threaded, adjust the frame,it sews good for a minute, then the thread breaks or skips stitches. It is driving me crazy...I am new to quilting, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dora

Almost 3 years ago I did troubleshooting on our MegaQuilter 18-8, It turned out one of the encoders was just about frozen and would turn rotate properly. Replaced the encoder, and it has been working flawlessly since.

Also, recently the stitcher box failed. I sent away the motor box for modifications. The entire system is working so well, I would not consider replacing it with anything else. It is amazing the difference it has made!

Al, in Missouri