Old March 8th 13, 01:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Finding an old style tool

I had to leave Lacis and walk away very quickly. Fine, special tools really
call to me. Polly

"Roberta" Roberta@Home wrote in message
That Lacis is a cool site, lots of lovely knitting tools as well as
the embroidery stuff.
Roberta in D

On 8 Mar 2013 10:42:03 GMT, Kay Lancaster wrote:

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 22:45:40 +0000 (UTC), NightMist
wrote:

So I have this old bodkin that I have been using for sequins and beading
and the like.
Now that I have a dancing daughter I find I am getting a lot more call
for such things. I used to do them but seldom for there hasn't been
much call for such fancies these last couple of decades.
I should like to get another bodkin like the one I have as the current
one is rather ancient and I fear some bit of it will become damaged. To
give you an idea of how old it is, the handle is faux tortoise shell
made
of celluloid, so at least a hundred years or thereabouts.

I don't recognize it by the name of bodkin (which to me, is something you
use
to pull ribbon or elastic through a casing), but search "tambour" he
http://lacis.com/catalog/

Or maybe a zardosi needle?
http://www.aiacaonline.org/pdf/zardo...umentation.pdf