Old November 25th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
mbstevens

Default In need of advice.

Maneki Neko wrote:

Are the ones with the grey background the better composed of the
group?

Like the shot of the dice pendant? It seems to fill the frame
better. Any extra background in a jewelry shot for the net
is likely to be wasted.

I just started taking them with that method. I could use some
better lighting, I agree. Is there any way of doing that without
having to get a lot of equipment?

You could try shooting outdoors on an overcast day, covering
the piece with a frosty plastic cup with a hole cut in the
top for the lens to shoot through. You don't get that highly
standardized kind of jewelry image popular for commercial jewelry,
but it can be fun for some kinds of pieces.

I think things would be a little
better it I could get some whiter lights.

It would be nice, but you can make
adjustments with film or your digital camera's
adjustment for light type.