Old November 25th 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Maneki Neko

Default In need of advice.

On Nov 24, 1:29 pm, mbstevens wrote:
Maneki Neko wrote:
Greetings,

I've been trolling about the group for a while now and the thought
occurred that maybe I should ask for some advice.

I _think_ you mean lurking, not trolling!

That too. =)

A few of the shots don't have enough depth of focus.

Shoot with a lot more light so that you can get your depth of
focus deeper.

Or, get a tripod and take longer exposures with the aperture
stopped way down. Again deeper focus.

You did a pretty good job with thumbnails and file size reduction.

A few are shifted too much toward yellow, like either shooting
indoors with outdoor film or not adjusting the light-type on
a digital camera. This can be largely fixed with the free
Gimp program without having to re-take the shots.http://www.gimp.org
--
mbstevenshttp://www.mbstevens.com

Are the ones with the grey background the better composed of the
group? I just started taking them with that method. I could use some
better lighting, I agree. Is there any way of doing that without
having to get a lot of equipment? I think things would be a little
better it I could get some whiter lights.

Amanda