Old May 8th 04, 12:09 AM
Kalera Stratton

I used a top-loading fusing kiln to anneal for some time, and frankly,
it sucked rocks.

If it's a front-loader, it won't be as bad, but even if it's deep enough
to get the whole mandrel in, it will be fairly unpleasant and probably
require a leather glove.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

KDK wrote:
Do any of you use a kiln that does NOT have a bead door? I'm in a bit of a
kiln quandary. I have a Paragon kiln (haven't used it) that I bought for
bead and PMC stuff. It has a controller but no bead door. Now I've decided
I need a portable kiln for PMC if I'm going to be teaching (the Paragon
weighs 70 lbs). So - then I see the opportunity to get a brand new AIM with
controller and bead door 500. So my quandary is - sell the paragon and buy
the AIM and have a bead door? Or suck it up and use the paragon without the
bead door. I plan on annealing as I go not batching.

Agh.

Kathy beadho K