Old May 7th 04, 11:25 PM
KDK

I'll definitely have 2 kilns (only because there isn't one that I can
carry/lift that I can do beads on a mandrel in)- just trying to decide if I
should keep my paragon (no bead door) or get the AIM kiln with a bead door
for beads (I can also use either one for PMC).

By portable I meant something that I can carry by myself. I can't lift a 70
lb kiln (my current paragon). The Sierra kiln is 30 lbs (I can carry 30
lbs) and 8x8x6 inside dimensions. Sierra actually makes one that only
weighs 20lbs but it's a 4x4x ish on the inside a bit small.

Kathy K

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
I'm pretty sure you'll want 2 kilns.

Where will you be teaching, and what length of classes? At home? At a

bead
store? If I teach, I can use the classroom and kiln at the bead store.

When I took classes, the teachers brought two full sized kilns, but the
classes were from Fri afternoon to Sun evening. Portable kiln. That just
makes me nervous. Visceral reaction, which may or may not be justified.

Tina

"KDK" wrote in message
Do any of you use a kiln that does NOT have a bead door? I'm in a bit

of
kiln quandary. I have a Paragon kiln (haven't used it) that I bought

for
bead and PMC stuff. It has a controller but no bead door. Now I've

decided
I need a portable kiln for PMC if I'm going to be teaching (the Paragon
weighs 70 lbs). So - then I see the opportunity to get a brand new AIM

with
controller and bead door 500. So my quandary is - sell the paragon and

buy
the AIM and have a bead door? Or suck it up and use the paragon without

the
bead door. I plan on annealing as I go not batching.

Agh.

Kathy beadho K