Old September 19th 03, 01:18 AM
Bead Sprite

Thanks very much for the advice! Well, I make jewellery and want to make
some leaves that will be all clustered together and, well, I don't mind them
being flexible myself, I just thought that it might not be acceptable to
sell them like that. If they're just a strong though, then I guess it would
be alright to leave them as they are (or 'leaf 'them as they are)

Actually, maybe you can help with another question that I asked over in
rec.crafts.beads? As I say, I want to string all the leaves together so
that they look like they're growing and are all clustered together, kind of
on a vine, like ivy. I'm wondering how best to do this as I've not done a
great deal of bead weaving. I've pierced the holes through the stems
horizontally, if that helps.

Many thanks

--
Amanda
http://www.picturetrail.com/amandarose1

"DianeGlassAttic" wrote in message
Hi Amanda,

Unfortunately, flexibility in thin areas is a characteristic of all

polymer
clays (much less so with the Sculpeys though, so I'm surprised you didn't

find
that better... Sculpey does give up strength for its stiffness though).

If you want to make something stiffer, you can use an armature inside as

has
been mentioned (cardstock to metal, e.g.), add a backing sheet of clay, or

coat
with liquid clay and rebake. Baking longer might help a *bit.*
Those should all help, though I don't know if that will be enough for what

you
want. What kind of thing are you making where it becomes a problem?

Diane B.
http://glassattic.com --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

E-mail: (don't use AOL address)