Old April 15th 17, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default HELP , Needlepoint on faces

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 06:10:09 -0700 (PDT), Valerie MIOTTI
wrote:

I am new to needlepoint, and very ambitiously am doing a "Madonna" by Royal Paris. I have done almost all but have yet to stitch the faces and hands. To me it looks as though I should do this with crewel wool , needlepoint ? ? ? It is a Penelope canvas so possible. I DONT KNOW HOW !!!!!!
Can anyone please give me some advice ? There is no way I can get help here as I am isolated.
Val

not quite clear to me exactly how you are doing it - often doing
needlepoint in wool if i wanted more detail in the faces I would
switch and use silk/cotton threads, using enough strands to cover the
canvas.

Do they say anything on the pattern?