Old August 31st 04, 01:42 AM
Beadbimbo

Even more irony, I used to have a dachshund (Humane Society Special) named
Sophie!

Yes, Spike knows what "fleecy man" means. He has a couple of fleecy toys,
and will go get one if you ask, "Where's Fleecy Man?". Since getting the
hippo, though, that's the fleece of choice, so he'll bypass the star and the
little man, and run around looking for the hippo. He was really cute when
hubby got home from work. He said, "hi dad" and then ran through the house
looking for Fleecy Man, so he could show daddy his new toy.

And I've always known how good that little Sophie dog has it!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:08:51 -0400, Beadbimbo wrote
(in message ):

We came home and casually left the hippo on the edge of the kitchen
counter
and when Spike came in the room, we didn't say anything. It took him
about
a minute to notice, and he jumped up and snatched his new "Fleecy Man".
And this dog never jumps up at the counters! He ran happily around the
house for about 10 minutes, tossing his head, showing off. It took about
day before Spike even put the hippo down. He carried it everywhere,
except
outside, and when he went to bed, he carried it in there and put it in
his
bed and slept with it. When he got up in the morning, he was still
carrying
it around.

See why I like dog so much? It takes so little to make their day.

I love Spike. He is just the _best_ dog. Even though I think
Sophie's great, Spike is even cooler than the Sophster.

Does he know what "Fleecy Man" means? Sophie has a toy named Spike
(rather ironically), and we can't say that word without her freaking
out and looking for it. She used to have a yellow spike and a pink
one, and we could tell her to find them by color, and she'd bring
back the right one. Sadly, Doggie Alzheimers has more than kicked in
on her, and she can't tell the difference any more. (She still knows
the words, though and we cannot say them aloud) No matter, it's not
like she has teeth to chew on them any longer.

Don't feel too bad for Sophie. She's spoiled rotten, and spends much
of her day in the doggie beds or cushions that are in every room of
the house. When Manda's friends come by, they have to greet and play
with Sophie before anything else, and she gets her tummy skritched
for hours.

Kathy N-V