Old July 29th 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Default Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

DA wrote:

Oh there are some pattern designers who will sue people who distribute
their knitting patterns elsewhere, even for free. There are huge
threads on copyrights on some of the web based forums too.

sue

Basic rule of protecting anything, don't upload it. Fair use rules vary
from country to country as do copyright laws.
DA

I'm a moderator on one of the forums and we have to remind people not to
copy the entire pattern into their posts to ask for help. They say 'but
it's free!', however the site owners can get into trouble with the
original site it was published on if there was no permission granted.

sue