Old December 24th 04, 01:46 AM
Neil Marsh

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:11:28 GMT, vj wrote:

the grinders have suction systems.
but at my bench, i'm talking about the dust from the hand-held
tools/drills, etc on the Foredom.

Having used both pressure breathing masks (air crew duty in
the military) and demand masks (the paying job in emergency services),
I'm here to tell ya; fitting 'em can be a pain in the patooshka. Most
are designed for a male with "average" facial dimentions. If the
thing's fogging up your specs it's not making a good seal between the
bridge of your nose and that area under your eyes.

Let your fingers do the walking and call a few industrial
supply places in your area. Tell them that you're having trouble
finding a respirator that fits well, then go get fitted when you find
one that carrys multiple sizes. You may have to spend a few $$ but
it's worth it. Metal dust in the lungs can be grim in later years.

See http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/respiratory...ion/index.html for more
than you really wanted to know.

Cheers!
Neil