Old January 2nd 04, 04:29 PM
xxxooo

"Carolyn Wagner" wrote in message
Okay, here's another curtain question. I am in the midst of making my

first
insulated pair of curtains and have 1 panel finished. They are very heavy,
made with a velvety-suede material, interlining and lining and are

110"x62"
(1 panel). They are just a plain panel (like tab tops without the tab). I
was going to use the clips, but the lady at the fabric store said those

slip
too easily and suggested sewing the hangers directly to the drape. I tried
doing that with 1, but I'm afraid the drape is too heavy just to be
connected by thread, and I don't want the thread to rip the drape from the
weight. I don't particularly want to use grommets because that would

shorten
the length, although I will at last resort. Also, will 10 hangers be

enough
for a drape this size (20 for both panels) or should I use more? I've made
curtains before but nothing this big, so I'm at a loss.

Thanks for your advice!
Carolyn

I think 10 hangers for 110" width is not enough even if they weren't heavy.
I think you would be better off using some sort of tab or even putting in
a rod pocket big enough to hold the rod. Put the drape on the floor and
space out the rings and see if you think they will be close enough. The
rings will hold the full weight of the panels onto the rod so you need a
lot if the panel is heavy..

alice