Old January 1st 04, 05:41 AM
Joy Stafford-Evans

You could try inserting the hanger between the main fabric and the top hem,
assuming you have a folded over hem. Then stitch down either side of the
hanger. It will work best if your top hem is the same depth as the hanger
is long. That way the fold holds the weight. Hope this makes sense.

Joy S-E

Okay, here's another curtain question. I am in the midst of making my

first
insulated pair of curtains and have 1 panel finished. They are very heavy,
made with a velvety-suede material, interlining and lining and are

110"x62"
(1 panel). They are just a plain panel (like tab tops without the tab). I
was going to use the clips, but the lady at the fabric store said those

slip
too easily and suggested sewing the hangers directly to the drape. I tried
doing that with 1, but I'm afraid the drape is too heavy just to be
connected by thread, and I don't want the thread to rip the drape from the
weight.

snip