Old July 14th 03, 10:54 AM
Stelios Zacharias

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 06:14:26 GMT, in rec.crafts.pottery you
wrote:

I thought you had said that your clay was in a container that didn't
allow you much access to removing it. You might try my method. I have
a very long screwdriver which I force almost to the bottom of the clay
making multiple holes. The dryer the clay, the more holes. Fill the
holes with water and let set a few days. I do this with my bicks
standing on end. Some have been unworkably dry but were reconstituted
in this manner. Leather hard, though? I doubt it. Can't hurt to try.
Catherine in hot Yuma, AZ

It's in a plastic bin which holds about 60 litres. The removing
it problem is because the bin flares out at the bottom. If it
dries, it will be too wide to travel up and out of the bin. Not
leather hard yet, but certainly lost plasticity.

Thanks to all for the replies. If I don't manage to save it by
wetting overnight, I'll let it dry out and slake again.

Cheers,
Stelios

--

The address in the headers is real and does not need de-mungeing