Old March 2nd 05, 06:00 AM
Shillelagh

wrote in message
m...

I have been run over by Jean Claud Killy himself. Skiers can also be

rude.

That's true, but I've never met nearly as many clueless skiers as boarders.
Somehow, I don't think they are ever taught the Alpine ski code, which is
too bad.

I hope it it was the sweater that shrank. Over the last few months, I

have
come to believe that people should stay fit and NOT gain weight as they

get
older.

Hah! How old are you? 25? and probably never had a weight problem. Of
course we should ALL stay fit and not gain weight - but that's not real
life. No, I never shrank the sweater. I've lost and regained more weight
in my lifetime than I care to discuss.

Those lopi sweaters knit from the neck down, go real fast. If you got

into
a real California style traffic jam, you could just about knit one on the
way to the ski area, and lopi is real warm.

I won't wear Lopi. Toooo damned itchy. The wool I have in a huge bag is
Philosopher's wool, and I'm afraid it may be itchy too, so will have to be
sure to have a nice soft cotton turtleneck under it. I'm really looking
forward to having some time to work on that sweater. I still have to decide
on a pattern though.

I just made a short sleeved one
so the sleeves do not get wet when I dip my hands in the water when

fishing.
At 3 stiches per inch, the sweater just jumped off the needles like magic.

Do you have a web album so we could see some of your projects?

Shelagh