Old January 20th 05, 01:48 PM
Polly Esther

Gecko toes, Roberta? Now why didn't I think of that? So far, no one's
offered to share their gecko but the day is still young. I can hope. Polly

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
Just read an article about gecko toes (Sometimes get desperate for

newspaper
material in English, and the local rag publishes once a week a little
"anthology" of stuff from the NYT.) Did you know that the toes are covered
in teensy microscopic hairs, each hair with a teensy little pad at the

tip,
which provide enough molecular attraction to hold the gecko on a vertical
wall even if it weighed 127 kilos? That's something like 250 pounds! So

the
solution to your problem is obviously to cover your design wall in gecko
toes. Also, for some reason science has not yet completely uncovered,

gecko
toes do not attract dirt. If they walk through dirt, it all falls off

within
5 steps.