Old January 20th 05, 01:02 PM
Roberta Zollner

Just read an article about gecko toes (Sometimes get desperate for newspaper
material in English, and the local rag publishes once a week a little
"anthology" of stuff from the NYT.) Did you know that the toes are covered
in teensy microscopic hairs, each hair with a teensy little pad at the tip,
which provide enough molecular attraction to hold the gecko on a vertical
wall even if it weighed 127 kilos? That's something like 250 pounds! So the
solution to your problem is obviously to cover your design wall in gecko
toes. Also, for some reason science has not yet completely uncovered, gecko
toes do not attract dirt. If they walk through dirt, it all falls off within
5 steps.
Roberta in D
"Polly Esther" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
nk.net...
I need one to make something sticky.
Because I bring to quilting some minor challenges - one eye, weak knees
and a limited attention span, to mention a few, I thought it would be very
helpful to have a real cover on my design wall. Up until now, it was
covered
with $1 a yard polyester terry cloth. That worked great but it did not
have
lines of any sort on it.
Today we covered my 4' x 8' sheet of paneling with the real thing.
Design Wall Grid (to the tune of $40).
It works great as far as lining up, looking at, and trying out.
But things don't stick to it. I have to poke pins in anything I want to
stay on it.
We figure any self-respecting toddler could make it good and gummy in
just no time. We guarantee to spoil said loaned tot with joy and return
him
safely. Any other ideas? Polly