Old May 4th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
[email protected]

Default about magnetic polisher

On May 3, 4:46 am, Ted Frater wrote:
wrote:
I had Raytech CMF600 system,then recently machine is broken.
Anyway,I need replacement,If its same model It cost me about $1000.
one grade small (CMF400 system)is$480.or (CMF410---$579.)

I do not need to finish so many pieces at one time.Also I can not
afford this money right now.
Then I found super mini magnetic polisher($169) in rio grande catalog
and remember some say this one was made in korea.

So I 'd like to hear any opinion on this mini machine, also on Raytech
CMF400.
Thanks in advance and always appreciated this news group.

Yoshi.

I second Peter's advice about gettng your existing machine repaired.
Now Id be happy to help with any advice ,
but I /we need a picture of what is broken and a proper description. of
the fault.
Then there will be options on how best to proceed.

Ted
Dorset
UK,
Always mending or building machinery.

yes,I already tried to fix the machine I have now.I took a motor
itself from the machine and contacted the original company in Taiwan.
( by label on motor) then,co respond my email and told me a
cost ,motor is $65. shipping $63.
and co only take bank wire transfer that cost $40.by citi bank.The
company email me their bank account #.
Then I finally decide to order ,Citi bank said ,they need swift #
before account #.
I email them again asking swift #. The company did not respond.I email
them again. co did not respond.
That was a story so far...
So the point is mini machine 's cost is about same as repair if they
respond.But if mini machine is not work very well on even a few
pieces,then i have to think about.That's why i ask this mini one's
reputation.
but thank you for the opinion to both Peter and Ted.