Old March 7th 17, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default Rocky Mountain Puzzle Quilt

wrote in message

This block is interesting because it blends well with American Indian
Design. I enlarged the block to make a 12 inch block. I brought enough
material from Holly Lobby for the centers(5 inch sq.) of Indian bowls
material, the rest of bowl material will be the outer border/binding. Am
using turquoise for the 1 1/4 inch strips that goes around the 5 inch center
section. The two plain squares are 3 1/2 inch squares of very, very light
tan goes in opposite corners. That just leaves half squares using 1 tan and
1 dark green 4 7/8 inch squares with penciled center line(corner to
corner)with 1/4 inch sewn on each side of line, then cut in half on the
pencil line. This makes two half squares, so you need 5 sets of these.
Go to http://www.McCallsquilting.com/rocky...n.puzzle.block
You will have to type the rocky mountain puzzle block in as my computer will
not pick it up. Sure Brian will help me here.
Hope you try this block.
Sandy$

Sandy I like the way you always describe the quilts you are making!
Thanks, Barbara in FL