Old September 17th 04, 06:41 PM
Marisa2

Candace,

Welcome! Can't wait to see some of your work!

We seem to have a tendency to get two people with each name... so you're
the second Candace .

The rules are simple. Put "AD" in front of your subject line if you are
posting a link to something you are selling. If you are posting a link
to someone else's work that you just think is neat you don't need to put
"AD".

Put "OT" in front of your subject line if you are talking about
something that has nothing to do with beads or jewelry (such as a cute
story about your pets, kids, or life in general, or if you just need to
vent.)

As long as you properly put "OT" or "AD" in any non-bead or non-jewelry
related posts you can write about anything you want in this group.

Not all usenet groups are like this. Each has it's own rules. It is
good to ask and/or read the FAQ for any group you start with.

marisa2

*~Candygrrl~* wrote:

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the group and thought I should post the obligatory intro

My name is Candace and I live in Pelham, a suburb slightly south of
Birmingham, AL. I'm a lampworker and I obsessively collect beads of
all types. I've been melting glass since 1997 and collecting beads
since I was 3 and swallowed 10 at once. Mom had to clarify the
definition of "collecting" to me. Seemed like a good idea at the
time...

Let's see, I'm a recovering office worker and recent full time glass
artist, yay! I found out about this group from Kandice's webpage
*waves at Kandice* and some of you may know me from various other
online boards. I'm Candace or candygrrl at most of those. I lurk more
than I post generally, but hopefully I can change that here I
think that covers all the intro stuff, now for my newbie question.

Can someone clarify the rules for the usenet group? For example when
are you supposed to put things like AD or the like in the subject
line? I tried to find out on my own, but wasn't too successful. I've
never participated in a usenet group.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to participating here

Candace