Old July 27th 05, 02:02 AM
VickiT

Thanks Mary. I've got other things I am working on and have finished but
they aren't anything to do with quilts.

"maryd" wrote in message
That's great for a first quilt. Looking forward to seeing pics of future
projects!!

--
Mary

"VickiT" wrote in message
: You're all scaring me now. LOL WHAT have I done by telling you I was
: lurking all day? (kidding)
:
: About myself eh? Let's see....I'm old, have two bad knees, a very
loving
: husband who just this morning got up early before he left for work to
make
: me breakfast in bed of french toast. I am also disabled because of the
knees
: and two previous DVT's in my leg so I get to sew all day if I can pull
away
: from my computer. I have three children of my own and one of hubby's all
: ranging from 19 to 22.9(bday Sept) and all boys. Two in college and two
: working BUT we've gone to empty nest mode over here for the majority of
the
: year. YAY ........this is very nice since we only met five years ago and
: never got that normal alone time before kids. I kinda like it this way,
: meet, push the kids out the door and be blissfully happy and do whatever
you
: wanna. Did I mention I was old? LOL
:
: OH did I mention I talk .........A LOT? hehe I also have a gorgeous
Blue
: mitted ragdoll that follows me all day and thinks he must be wherever I
am
: at all times - including on my laptop or sewing machine.
:
: Sewing wise ........I am a VERY rank beginner but I do shower.
Maybe
: should say I am a very spoiled beginner since I am using a DesignerI. I
: have sewn off and on for years but never any quilts or embroidery on
machine
: so this is all new. It's been very slow since I haven't had the money
for
: much fabric at all after getting that machine so the projects aren't
very
: abundant yet.
:
: I do have a website, however I haven't finished creating things yet so
all
: can do at this point is give links to the pics. In April I did my very
first
: quilt. It's a wall hanging and very simple as quilts go but I love it.
The
: pics don't do it justice as the colors aren't "right" in it for some
reason.
: The green around the edge isn't as dark as what it shows; it's more a
lime
: green to match the green in the flowered parts.It was fun to do because
it
: was also the first real project I did with the embroidery part of my
sewing
: machine.
:
: To shut myself up now I'm just going to give links and stop. I have
another
: project I just finished which is a quilted eyeglass case that I just did
: last week but the pics of that are still on my camera.
:
: Full quilt (called Days of the week)
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...Quilt_full.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...uilt_full1.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...ilt_Sunday.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...ilt_Monday.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...lt_Tuesday.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr..._Wednesday.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...t_Thursday.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...ilt_Friday.jpg
:
:
http://terpstra.us/images/Sewing/Apr...t_Saturday.jpg
:
: The colors are a very pretty purple, lime green and blue not the neon
colors
: you see. To answer another question my favorite color is purple. Is
there
: any other color? lol
:
: Favorite chocolate - Fannie May truffles YUM
:
: I will work on the website so I can just put one link next time.
:
: Sorry this got so long. Have I mentioned I talk alot? hehe
:
: Vicki
:
: "nzlstar*" wrote in message
: ...
: hi vicki,
: let me be the first to welcome you round the bestestestestestest
: cyberquiltingframe on the net. )
: u'll find all manner of skill levels here from rank beginners to the
20+yr
: veterans with skill we all strive to learn one day.
: ask any and all questions as the only ones not asked are what we call
: silly.
: now then find a cuppa and we'll find you a chair and...oh heck, not
again.
: ok, which one of you snitched the m'n'ms. always someone here with a
major
: craving. geeeeeeez.
: nice to have you aboard.
: do tell us all about yourself, fav colours, fav designs, got a site
with
: your quilty pix we can all go drool over? fav choc's. so much to
learn,
so
: little time.
: jeanne
: feeling warm now as i got my hug round my shoulders and the heater is
on
: under the desk as i type
: --
: san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
: nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
: http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
:
: "VickiT" wrote ...
: I just joined this list today. I am also from the area, actually just
over
: the stateline but there is a large quilt shop in the Rockford area
that
: you may want to check out.
http://www.quiltersgeneralstore.com/index.html
: