Old March 3rd 05, 04:09 PM
Polly S.

mermaidscove_com wrote:
Who are your three favorite polymer clay artists? It's ok to vote for
yourself ;-). I took a long break from clay and I guess my favorites
are maybe considered old hat but I doubt I'll ever replace them- Tory
Hughes and Karen Lewis. There's a lot of contenders for third, this
week it's Jill Newman.

Ingrid
http://www.mermaidscove.com

I haven't been around 'clay' very long but from what I have managed to
see so far I would have to say I love the total originality of
Sarajane's work and the light hearted humor of Christi Friesen's
(cforiginals.net) pieces!!!

I think I like Sarajanes work because it has a style that comes across
as disciplined but isn't pretentious... also the feeling that it could
be any medium and just happens to be clay.

Christi Friesen's work, on the other hand, just seems unable to take
itself seriously. Even her darker hearts manage to be whimsical and some
of the odd faces seem way too familiar!!!

I can't even say I like what I am doing yet... a style of my own might
someday emerge but, dang, its hard to settle down to a making a few
things well when the ideas are endless!!! I seem to have started a dozen
different things and finished two!!! =)

Polly