Old April 30th 15, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

Default Quick and Easy?

Wow! I just looked up Carpenter's Star. It will be perfect. I had
decided to do the baby's quilt with half-square triangles, and I had a
sheet of ways to put them together: I was going to choose two of these.
It will be much better to have an actual quilt pattern which will be
just as easy (if not easier than those I was looking at). I think I will
do it exactly as on the pattern I happened on first, which has two
pieced borders to create a rectangle; or, I might do a single square
and tell Mum it can be used as a play 'mat'.

Thanks ever so much Nann.

I have to say I have been blown away by all your ideas, and I'm so
grateful to you for the responses. As many of you know, I have not been
'quick and easy' in the past; but this family situation is making time
of the essence. I got out a pile of fabrics on Tuesday! I am trying to
decide between three for the two girls (I never did have many pinks!).

I will make a basic Polish flag (without the coat of arms), for the
labels, as red and white will not go with anything else that I am using
at all!

I am so enthusiastic for this. I really have missed the 'energy' that
comes from the quilts themselves and the ideas etc. A small group of
quilting friends (not a group as such, just four individuals) have been
working on me for months to get going again.

I found an image of a Warm Wishes in my mail yesterday which was made
with tone on tones - very different from what is usually seen, but I
like it a lot and might do that for one of the girls.

Maybe I'm back on track g (after five years???)

Pat on the green
..
On 30/04/2015 11:54, Nann wrote:
If you want simple and have mostly tone-on-tones, then a "modern" theme may be the way to go. What pops into my head is a large Carpenter's Star. If you make the HSTs to finish at 5" then one big block is 40". If the blocks finish at 6" then one big block is 48". Add multiple borders to reach desired size.

Nann

What idea would be your favourite?

Thank for comments,

Pat on the Green