Old April 29th 15, 08:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

Default Quick and Easy?

On 28/04/2015 23:17, wrote:

I know I am a bit late but I like Chinese Coins. I can be a good way to use left over strips in you have some in the right colours.

Dee in Oz

Thanks Dee. I haven't actually 'plumped' finally for the three
patterns; but I'm very much drawn to Chinese Coins. I did make one once
and it was well received and looked good. Whatever I do I will have to
cut all the pieces: I have given away all my scraps and even strip
pieces! Never mind. I went through fabric yesterday - and have a huge
pile on my table at the moment.

I appreciate everyone's ideas - it focussed my mind wonderfully! I am
energised to get going. A friend said yesterday that she thought I
could make a top in a day. I was going to do single bed size; but she,
and another friend, pointed out that doing a smaller, square quilt would
be more useful for the children than a bed quilt. So, the girls will
get one about 40" square and I'll do a smaller one for baby.

I only have a notional deadline, which I am determined will not become
an absolute! I want to have no stress with these - just to see if I can g

Pat on the green