Old May 28th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default OFF TOPIC.. about my bracelet

I agree, Mirjam.

There was one that circulated before Matthew was born (in snail mail... we
didn't have a computer until he was 15) that I actually didn't mind too much
as it didn't say anything bad was going to happen if you broke the chain.
It was a recipe chain letter that asked you to send a recipe to the four
people at the bottom of the letter, cross out the top name and add your own
before sending it on to four more people. I thought that was a unique way
of getting new recipes, and like I said it didn't have that dreaded
"something bad will happen to you if you break the chain" added to it.
Because of that, I did send it to my then mother-in-law, who flew into a
rage at me saying that she had health problems and that I should be ashamed
of myself for sending her a chain letter that could cause her a relapse... I
re-read the letter and noted that it did *not* have any threatening bits in
it anywhere. She always was a bit over the top at jumping to conclusions
and flying into a rage about unimportant things though.

However... I never did get any recipes at all back in the mail, so
apparently everyone broke the chain and didn't bother sending recipes out to
anyone on the list. Oh well. I never participated in any of those
afterward... but then I never did see anymore that asked only to send
recipes, without saying if you don't do it something bad will happen. Any
chain letter type things I get now, go directly into the garbage... even if
they do make you feel uneasy about doing so. I would rather feel uneasy
myself for a day or so, than to forward those on to other people and make
them uneasy. I only share "feel good" things now, but *never* the chain
letter types that say that you have to send them to XX many people within XX
many minutes or else.

*hugs*
Gemini

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Gem and Coggie , if you speak about chain letters that i do HATE them
as well ,,, Funny ? not at all ,, they are targeting the most Primal
feelings we all have , they trample over this fragile feeling of
comparative safety each of us feels in daily life. Life being
complicated and hard enough without this added disrespect for
everybody`s feelings .
mirjam