Old February 8th 07, 09:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Default Border how to

The simplest solution would be to straighten out the edge by appliqueing it
to a strip of fabric. The 2nd-simplest, if you want to preserve the innies
and outies, is to make your "binding" a facing instead. Not much binding
would show on the front side. For a more durable edge, you can make piping
to insert in the facing seam (kind of like good upholstery). It would also
be possible to combine facing the hexagons with binding the rest in the
normal way.
Roberta in D, hoping this makes sense

"steve" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hello all

My insanity continues as I teach, take 8 credits of computer classes to
learn the software I am required to teach with, and get myself and my
students ready for state competition, of which I organize the contest
part.
Sleep is a greatly desired rarity.

Anyways, on top of all of this I am also making a small wall quilt for our
Art teacher who is retiring this year. :-( It is very free form with
machine embroidery, beading, piecing and has an irregular spots on the
borders, thus my question. The irregular portion is made up of small
hexagons. I will be doing a binding all the way around and need to bind
along this in and out edge as well. Lots of inny points and outy points.
Sort of like around a grandmothers flower garden quilt. Does anyone know
of
a link to directions or pointers for binding along such an edge? I am
several weeks away from needing to do this, but wanted to start thinking
about it now.

Thanks for letting me poll all of your knowledge.

Steve
Alaska