Old April 10th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default way OT - immigration sponsorship

Thanks, Hanne, I'll check it out.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Karen,

I don't know enough of this either, but I do occasionally hang out in

alt.visa.us.marriage-based

You might get help there too.

However, if she has had her greencard (by virtue of marriage to your
son) for more then 2 years, I believe she could apply for "removal of
conditions" and then she would not need a sponsor. In fact, I'm
wondering why she didn't do that already.

But do go look in the other group - most of the folks there are friendly
and know some stuff - even if the advise in the end may be to get a
lawyer, it is sometimes nice to have an idea of what is going on.

Hanne in London