Old November 10th 05, 06:21 AM
marbles_2

Default Is everyone quilting?

I've been finally getting back to quilting after fighting a raging
chest cold for over a week. YUCK!! (I'm at the stage where you just
cough for no apparent reason.) I'd get home from work too exhausted to
do anything but sit and read posts.

I'm making a Christmas present for my sister which will be the
strangest thing she's ever had. It's a wallhanging combination of
Laurel Burch jungle song prints in with teal and blue and yellow and
purple batiks. I'm doing machine quilting now, and gave up trying to be
fancy with some purple metallic thread (it keeps breaking). I've
discovered I really like to sort of do a freestyle doodling and am
feeling much more comfortable with it. Somewhere along the way I'm
realizing that it doesn't matter what anyone in the world will say
about a piece I'm making.... if I'm learning and creating and having a
good time....then that is nirvana for me!!! And if my sister doesn't
like her present, then it's too bad for her!!

Annie