Old November 24th 04, 04:43 PM
Su/Cutworks

Diana wrote:

A lot of people dont handle this holiday season well. I love Christmas,

but
recognize it brings a lot of baggage along with it. Over the years I have
made mine more the way I really like it and that helps.
Lets see, I have stopped (for the most part) giving gifts that I feel
obligated to give, I give from love.

I just KNEW we were sisters, separated at birth!

I gave Mike the biggest present one year for Christmas, the freedom from
buying me presents for any reason at all. I told him that if he bought me
something it was not to be for birthdays or anniversarys or Christmas, but
just because he wants to.

I also gave myself the present of not feeling hurt if he didn't buy me
something.

It's made the holidays and birthdays so much better. And he does things for
me because he wants to. And I can confidently predict that this Christmas
I'll get what I want most. A cup of tea in bed. Oooh yeah, I forgot.
Beads. It was a great plan to have him learn to make beads, wasn't it?

:-D

-Su