Old November 30th 03, 02:14 PM
joy beeson

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 11:01:56 -0500 (EST),
wrote:

how are you doing on those projects?

I'm buying all presents this year, but there's plenty of
sewing panic going on -- I've no warm slacks, all my cycling
tights desperately need patches -- except the hand-knit
pair, which need darning -- and I've been fiddling with a
five-pocket long-sleeved wool T-shirt for weeks.

I basted on the strips supporting the jersey pockets
yesterday, tacked elastic into the hem of the jersey
pockets, and pinned it ready to sew if I ever get around to
putting the spool of baby blue sewing silk -- or maybe the
spool of pale green sewing silk -- onto a bobbin. Of course
the white, which I plan to use in the bobbin while sewing
the hem, is already on a bobbin, so all I have to do is to
re-thread the sewing machine. Sometime last week I hemmed
the patch pockets for the front and got them ready to
attach.

I wonder whether the blue plaid wool is enough to make both
a kameez-length long-sleeved dress and a pair of slacks?
But maybe I should *first* make a pair of grocery-shopping
slacks out of the brown checkish wool and if so, is my black
silk habotai stout enough for pocketing?

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/ -- needlework
http://home.earthlink.net/~beeson_n3f/ -- Writers' Exchange